not so comfortable ride(engine not "smooth")

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: not so comfortable ride(engine not "smooth")
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:05:43 -0500
Well, I finally am driving around the Spit for pure driving pleasure.

Now that it's running ok, I can finally get onto a few driving reltaed
problems.

First off, what would make an engine not rotate smoothly? It's a bit hard to
describe: When I'm driving aronund on city streets, it feels like
something's quickly pulling the car back oh-so-little, making the ride
vibrate forwards and backwards. Not where it's making the car shake up and
down, but just so that it's not comfortable. While whizzing down the
freeway, it doesn't seem to happen.

As for the tachometer, it just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Most of
the time, it just sits there at 1000, but when I'm driving, and kick it into
neutral to stop at a light, the tachometer jumps UP and then back down
again. Has anyone used a Crane ignition system and had the tachometer work
right? The two green wires from the tach go to the starter solenoid, just as
it always was.

Scratchin' my head here.

BTW, I have the British flag shirt now. Makes a perfect addition to the car.

Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net