Re: Spitfire wheel width ?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire wheel width ?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 07:50:49 -0400
> Would one of you Spitfire experts please summarize for me what width
> solid (disk) wheels were fitted to which years of Spitfire ?
> ...What's the deal ?  Was I (like Bogart in Casablanca) mis-informed?
>  Or do the later Spits have wider wheels ?

Sorry, I can't help with the Sport 6.  Nor do I know firsthand about the
early Spitfire wheels though my recollection says that the various books say
3.5.  Yes the wheels did get wider.  Mostly they were 4.5 in, and for 1980
(or perhaps mid-1979) the went to 5.0 in.

Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com
'80 Spitfire (Percy)
'70 GT6+ (Nigel)