Re: V8 spitfire on ebay - Really - look at that rear

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>, Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>,
Subject: Re: V8 spitfire on ebay - Really - look at that rear
From: Fred Marks <marks_fred@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:06:50 -0700 (PDT)
> So there you have it.  Now can anyone please tell me
> what in the hell a "cafe
> racer" is?

The term "Cafe Racer" comes to us from the motorcyling
lexicon.  I don't know if it's older than the late
'60s early '70s, but I recall it to mean modified or
superbikes in general, usually European (British &
Italian), sometimes Japanese, usually identifyable by
a single seat, laid-forward riding position, large,
high tank and (sometimes) a nose fairing.

"Cafe Racing" is/was quite literally what it sounds
like--that is, riders meeting at a bar or cafe, and
racing to the next one...

...last one there picks up the tab?

Fred Marks
Brandon, FL