Re: V8 spitfire on ebay - Really - look at that rear

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: V8 spitfire on ebay - Really - look at that rear
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:42:03 -0700
Here's the reply I received back from the seller regarding the V-8 Spitfire
(aka tempest in a teapot) on eBay:

"Thank you for your interest in my Spitfire. As I stated in my ad, I have
never "put the pedal to the metal", i.e. seriously raced it. It accelerates
very nicely, and can be driven as a "cafe racer" around town as it is. You may
be correct, the brakes (I think they're terrific) and rear end could probably
be beefed up (the car has a GT6 center section right now.) Again, it was built
to drive around and have fun (and win shows.)"

So there you have it.  Now can anyone please tell me what in the hell a "cafe
racer" is?

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
The Totally Triumph Network forums  -- organized, illustrated, friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi