Re: Am I blind?

To: "spitfires (E-mail)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Am I blind?
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:36:14 -0400
On early cars, there are four u-joints. One on each half shaft
and one at each end of the drive shaft. On the late cars,
there are only three, one on each half shaft and one on the
drive shaft. The Spitfire never had two on each half shaft,
that would have made it a full IRS instead of swing axles.

Doug Mitchell