Cafe Racer, u-joints, accidents,magazines...

To: <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cafe Racer, u-joints, accidents,magazines...
From: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:41:51 -0600
Well thanks for clearing that up-that's what we used to do in
Italy-just about every night! (There's a guy there with a 308
Ferrari who still owes me a couple of drinks-bad sports these
Ferrari owners when they lose!)

Also, Interesting about the Spitfire # of u-joints. Mine is a
'78-but it does have 4!

Regarding Nigel-a week ago, I was in lovely Reseda to get new
tires for my steed, stopped at a yellow light, foot on brake and
heel toe revving to get the darn thing into first (the synchro is
going) and WHAM! Some woman in a Camry (yuck!) plowed into
me-pushing me a good 8 or 9 feet! I got out (the light was till
red) and looked-and not a dent or a ding! Amazing! This is the the
third time I've had someone rear end me in a Spitfire in such a
manner-and the third time I've not had any damage! The
lesson-those ugly rear bumpers on the 1500s are there for a *very*
good reason! They *work*! (I told her that she was lucky I was
driving a 23 year old car-if it had been a new car-we'd be looking
at a couple of thousand dollars worth of crumpled bumper!)

Now, if only my poor neck fared as well...

One more thing-If you see the August 2001 issue of one of my
favourite magazines from the U.K- "Classic and Sportscars" -look
at the letters to the editor-there's a lovely picture of a
Spitfire!

Laura G. and 'Nigel'

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!