By-Pass Valve

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: By-Pass Valve
From: "Mike Nelson" <mnelson@tconl.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:23:19 -0500
Topic: By-Pass valve on Zenith-Stromberg carb, how to adjust it?

Please, somebody tell me how to adjust the by-pass valve.  Haynes manual
states to back it out until it floats... then minor adjustment from there...

Now, the really stupid question.. this is what controls the 'deceleration'
of the engine, right?  Meaning, the engine is at 4000 RPM, I shift and while
the engine RPM's drop momentarily, it coughs.  This valve equalizes the
pressure between top and bottom of the suction chamber, no?  So, how to
adjust it, and how do you know you have it in adjustment?

Mike Nelson
Omaha