S2000 conversion status (small snag)

To: Spitfire Internet Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: S2000 conversion status (small snag)
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:53:29 -0700
I have now been eagerly awaiting delivery of the engine/transmission that I
ordered on July 2.  This morning, I received a call from the yard through
which I ordered it saying that the engine is on a dock in Los Angeles with a
hole in the oil pan and the transmission because of a fork lift driver.
Great, just what I needed!!!  :(

So he got back on line and found another complete set in Idaho that has 3000
miles and is having it shipped today.  So, hopefully by the end of next
week I will be able to start this project.  But it looks like there is no way
to have it finished in time for VTR!  :(

One thing I made sure of,  It is not being routed through LA this time!

With a stiff upper lip,
Joe