Re: button snaps

To: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: button snaps
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 21:40:45 -0400
At 12:57 PM 7/22/01 -0500, Spitfire 1500 wrote:

>Well, all is well on redoing the interior piece-by-piece.  I decided to take
>the plunge into doing the seats, realizing I don't have replacement burlap
>for protecting the bottom seat foam. Darn.
>
>Anyways, I noticed that there was button snaps on the footwell carpets, and
>the new ones I have don't have them. I'd like to replace them. Anyone know
>the sizes of the original button snaps,etc and where I can pick up some? Is
>it a simple hardware store affair?

You should be able to get them at any auto upholstery shop.  Check your local
yellow pages.  There are places like Restoration Speciality (and many others)
that also carry them.  If you don't have one of their catalogues, you should
get one.  (I have them listed in my vendors list on my Morgan Web page in
the Technical section.)

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan