TheArthurSmith Where Art Thou?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: TheArthurSmith Where Art Thou?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:15:23 -0700
Sorry to bomb the list, but I haven't seen an entry by this gent in some time.
Last year, he machined some experimental neoprene valve cover gaskets for
Spitfires and I jumped at the chance to be a guinea pig for his project.  Over
1,000 miles later, I'm hooked.  The 1/4" neoprene gasket is far and away much
better performing than the cork/rubber composite gaskets that I replaced.  No
leaks whatsoever.

I was hoping that Arthur might consider marketing these things.  Either that
or run off a few hundred and sell 'em to me to resell.  I'd also love to see
oilpan and timing cover gaskets made from the same stuff.

Anyone else interested?

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project
home of the Totally Triumph Network forums  -- organized, illustrated,
friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
and the Totally Triumph Classifieds -- photo ads with advanced features
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi