Re: Pressure relief valve for the differential?

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pressure relief valve for the differential?
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:42:38 -0400
The "valve" is a cotter pin stuck into a hole in the top of the diff. The
round end is sticking out of the top of the diff and the part inside is bent
so it will be loose but not fall out. It is located on the top rear right
side. if you put your finger on top of the diff behind the drive shaft you
sould be able to feel it . all you do to clear it is to clean any road grime
off of it then wiggle it with your finger.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg Va.
67 Spitfire Mk II