Duh, goes the manual. Putting back the clutch slave cylinder

To: NashvilleBritishCars@yahoogroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Duh, goes the manual. Putting back the clutch slave cylinder
From: Jeff Gruber <jgruber@demainsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:17:12 -0500
I was trying to put the clutch slave cylinder back into the bell housing.

IT WOULD NOT GO BACK IN.  I even beat on it a little with a 2 x 4.

I remember when I took it out, it had been a struggle.  The manual told me
to 'release' the pinch bolt and pull it out.

The manual said to 'release' the pinch bolt and push it back into place.

How many of you would have thought that 'release' means to take the pinch
bolt out?

That's what you have to do to get the darned thing back into place.  The
bolt itself protrudes into the opening for the slave cylinder.

Duh.

Now, that I reflect on it, it's amazing that I got the thing out in the
first place.  I guess I just don't know my own strength.

Jeff Gruber