Bad Girl

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net spitfires@autox.team.net"
Subject: Bad Girl
From: Andre Rousseau <andrer@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:17:40 -0400
This evening while we out driving around on a rather nice cool summer
evening something odd happened... My blinker stopped working.
>From there is only got worst.

My lights started to get dim, the temperature gauge started to drop and soon
enough my ignition light came on.

The generator had stopped charging and the car was running off the batter.

We did manage to go rather far, but soon enough the batter went dead and I
had to pull over. I made a phone call to my dad and he came out to where
were stuck and boot the car.

Now I'm not sure what the problem was, if it was the generator or the
control box. I checked all my cables and tapped the box. With less than a
minute charge the car was back online. So something is working again.

But, I'm going out in the morning and buying a GM alternator. What is the
part number for the alternator?

I keep thinking if I did not have my cell phone I would have been in real
trouble. I was no where near a phone.

So much for staying stock. At any rate. It was a nice drive 8;)

BTW new pictures posted on my site... Check out the heat shield work in
progress.

--
Andre Rousseau
'68 GT6 - Ottawa