u-joint repair

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com,
Subject: u-joint repair
From: Bradley D Richardson <bradrichardson@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 21:42:42 -0700
Just wanted to publicly THANK Richard Gosling, for his wonderful
description on an easier/safer way to replace the u-joints on the axle
shafts.  I just completed the project, (took me longer than most people
would take, but what the heck, I enjoy working on the car sometimes as
much as driving it), and I no longer have that annoying click-click-click
when I go down the street.

YIPPIE!!!

And, only one minor bloody knuckle.

There is one thing.  Richard totally accurately describes the final
removal of the u-joint cups.  "Swear loudly when the cup refuses to
budge."  That was so true!!!!!

Thanks again Richard.  The "trapeze" to hold up the rear spring worked
just great!!!

Brad