Dip-stick tube woes

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dip-stick tube woes
From: "Ken St.John at Twangdemonium" <stjohnkj@twangdemonium.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:20:46 -0700
If it isn't one thing it's another (I love it!)  While checking Ginger's oil
today, the entire dip-stick tube came out of the block along with the
dip-stick.  What I found was about 1-1/4" of correct diameter tubing brazed to
a larger diameter tube.  There is no way to secure it in the block.  Right now
it is in there with a generous amount of copper colored Permatex, but I don't
see this as a long term solution.

How is the tube normally retained?  Is the hole in the block tapered and the
tube press fit?  Are the dip-stick tubes available anywhere?  None of my
catalogs list them.  Would a tube for a GT-6 work?  I notice VB does list
those.

Listers, shower me with wisdom.

Thanks All,
Ken St.John