Would someone please look at their shock towers

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Would someone please look at their shock towers
From: "Frank Drummond" <frandrum@voicenet.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:25:37 -0400
Hi listers,

Started putting the 72 spit back together after painting the frame and I can't
find any photo that gives me a good look at the bolts that secure the shock
towers to the frame except for one in an old Roadster Factory catalog.  There
are five bolts that secure each tower to the frame.  Four that run
horizontally holding the tower into the side of the frame and one vertically
through the tower and into the top of the frame.  I used one lockwasher under
the bolt heads for the horizontal bolts and while they tighten securely, using
only one allows the bolts to bottom out against the frame.  I can't find any
washers in the parts I removed that appear to be the proper size for the bolts
other than the lock washers I used.

I would appreciate some kind soul taking a look.

Frank Drummond