Final Touch to front suspension

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Final Touch to front suspension
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:53:48 +0100
Hi List,
Well the front suspension rebuild is almost at an end.
Wishbone, rollbars, springs and vertical links all powder coated (sorry
Bill)
New nuts/bolts and joints.
My questions now are two.
1) do I lower the car onto its wheels with everything fairly loose, and
then tighten to spec, or do I do this while the car is on jacks?
2) The car had no shims for alignment at all, can I assume that the
alignment will now be completely wrong and I will have to pay someone to
do an alignment job?
Thanks to everyone for there help through this
Cheers
Tim

--
Tim Dafforn