Re: Off Topic - War

To: John and Chris <peacox1@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Off Topic - War
From: Howard Allen <Howard.Allen@fairchildsemi.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:06:52 -0400
Hi John;
Understand your venting.

With the exception of Michael's concern about our President ( a view I
don't share as I voted for him), I agree with everything he says.  A
civilized nation will respect the rule of law and the rights of people.
The US, if nothing else, has always tried to stand for what is right.
At times we have appeared hypocritical, I agree, and I think that is
what you meant by, "some of the choices of the government".  I am not
perfect, our country is not perfect, the world is not perfect.

There is a reason.

God created man with free will.  Man can chose to do right, and he can
chose to do wrong.  This is a Christian country, based on the
Judeo-Christian ethic and our strong British heritage of law.  As long
as we have honored God and Justice, we have done the right thing, when
we have not, we have done the wrong thing.

One thing that many people fail to understand about the Muslim religion
is that they are commanded to honor Christians and Jews.  This is
commanded by Mohammed.  The problem is, many of the terrorists in the
mideast use religious passion as a weapon.  They are not Muslims, they
are terrorists.  It is like saying that the KKK represents Christian
ideals when they go out and terrorize blacks.  You ask a clansman about
his religion and he says he is a Christian.  No.  God says that murder
is wrong.  Read the Ten Commandments.  Incidentally, the Moslem religion
is based on the first 5 books of the Bible, including the Ten
Commandments.  Jesus Christ is revered in the Moslem religion as a great
prophet.  Speaking of Jesus, he stated it very simply.  He said, "Love
God", and "Love one another".  There were not "buts", "ands", no "ors".

I am angry too, but I chose not to be blinded by ignorance.  I want
justice, but I want the justice of Law, not the vengeance of blood
lust.  Let America stand for what she has always stood for and we will
be vindicated and the world will continue to respect us.

Let us pray together for this and remember those that were lost and
their families.

Howard in Maine