Re: 1970 Spitfire Details

To: <Ar164super@wmconnect.com>, <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1970 Spitfire Details
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:43:20 -0500
Adam Rodnitzky wrote:

> Michael,
>
> The 1970 Spitfire is unique in that it's sort of a mix between the Mk3 and
> the MkIV, with a few unique bits thrown in just to make life more
difficult.
> Here's the breakdown:
>
> - One-piece high-back bucket seats (I think these are MkIV issue...)
Not quite, the pattern for the fabric is different. The seat frames are
close in size and style but there are differences (like supporting straps
from side to side on the seat bottom and back on the Mk3 vs a seat diaphragm
on the bottom for the MkIV.

> Unique to the 1970 model year only:
>
> "Bullseye" badge on the front -- impossible to find
> Did I miss anything else?
Unique only in North America. ROW did not have these. Also, not necessarily
impossible to find. I got one from TRF three summers ago and it blew off the
bonnet on the Interstate in NY on the way home from the Summer Party two
summers ago. Therefore there should be a spare one at the roadside in NY
state if you want to go looking. Almost new and in great condition :-)

I have one on back order from TRF. I think they are planning another order
from the manufacturer. TRF is the only supplier I have encountered with
these.

HTH
Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /