RE: uk number plates & kenlowe fans

To: "'James Carruthers'" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: uk number plates & kenlowe fans
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 06:48:44 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: James Carruthers [mailto:j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 6:34 AM
To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: uk number plates & kenlowe fans x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

My exhaust is fixed - hoorah! Its so quiet and smooth now. I kind of
miss that roar - but its now far more civilised and much more
comfortable on long journeys.

My first question regards number plates - UK specific im afraid. Does
anybody know the legalities of replacing my front number plate with a
sticker on the bonnet. I hate the way the front plate is stuck to the
grill and bent , it doesnt look very graceful. It'll also go in the
perfect place to cover up a 4 inch crack in the paintwork..... So can I
do this? Its a 77 year. Biased and opinionated views are very welcome on
the subject.... I havent entirely made my mind up on the idea of a
sticker - but I know I dont like the number plate. Names of companies
that do sticker number plates would be cool too....

Kenlowe fans? Good idea, bad idea - because I do quite a few (mostly)
short journeys - it seems like a good idea - so the car can get up to
temperature quickly. Does it have more cooling power than the standard
fan?

James,

I know that when my Spit was in the UK, I put the front number plate on
the spoiler. Never had any trouble with the coppers. And they were on
the lookout for the likes of me. Seem to remember getting the numbers
and background at Halfords.

Cheers,

Doug