Informal Poll

To: Laura Gharazeddine <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Informal Poll
From: "Livia I. Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:21:06 -0500
Hello spitfire enthusiasts,
with great interest my husband Wilf and I  have been reading the email
of the "spit listers", hoping to learn something that will help us with
the restoration of our new spit. We are  truly amazed at how much
interest there is in the British Sportswear.

The purchase of the new baby was a dream  come true for me. It was the
wedding present promised to me 34 years ago in Germany that now has
materialized in form of a 67 Mk3. Of course our wedding year was 1967,
we therefore feel that this new project was meant to be.
In the past we have restored a few automobiles but never a British
sports car. So, there is lots to learn. The body of the vehicle is in
excellent shape. It had already been restored. We are now evaluating the
mechanical components, have taken just about everything apart. We are
aiming for May to have the car on the road. Since we live in Smiths
Falls, near Ottawa, Canada, we shall spend most of our long, cold winter
in the garage.

Here are some comments  from my friends which make me chuckle, don't you
just love the first one?

"Maybe sometime you'll get a Corvette, now that's a real car"..........
 " Mother is going through mid-life crisis"........( I happen to be over
50)
" Do you need to know Yoga to get into the car"?
"Now I know why Spit drivers have always have an arm hanging out of the
door, you don't fit the whole body in".......

Must go for today, keep the mail comming. Livia and Wilf Haasper