RE: Overdrive Separation question

To: "'Nolan Penney'" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Overdrive Separation question
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:34:58 -0000
Nolan,

As far as I remember, the O/D comes off as one, nice, complete unit -
nothing falls out.  However, it can be VERY stiff to pull off, as I think
one part is pressing onto the shaft or something.  There is a trick you can
do that Haynes suggests to release this load, but it has to be done with the
whole assembly still in the car - it also involves use of the clutch, which
is why I couldn't use the trick, as it was clutch failure that precipitated
the entire 'box removal episode.  For me, I just had to use brute force to
pull them apart, and it worked.

Richard
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email