Throw-out/clutch release bearing

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Throw-out/clutch release bearing
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:02:08 -0800 (PST)
  In my "factory manual" to renew the clutch throw-out
bearing the instruction says to remove the sleave
assembly from the pivot housing (I don't remember the
exact nomenclature) and to 'remove the bearing from
the sleave'. - Um...are we supposed to be born with
the knowledge of how to remove a pressed-on bearing?

  Do they assume you have a hydraulic press for this
process, or is there some trick to getting that
bearing off of the sleave? (e.g. with a hammer or gear
puller)

-Terry
(I'm not sure how I'd use a gear puller either... But
since they've got a bit of heft, I figure I could just
use it to beat on the sleave until it lets go of the bearing.)