Powder coat and transmission oil seal

To: Fred Thomas <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Powder coat and transmission oil seal
From: "Livia I. Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:24:24 -0500
Hi listers,
my better half, Wilf, works for BMW . He knows of the powder coat
mentioned. In his opinion  the application of this product is a very
complicated operation and can be done only in a controlled environment,
like a factory setting. The process can only be used on new car parts,
including the whole body shell, due to the high temperature needed for
the application. It can not be done on complete cars, therefor it's
impossible to use for the repair of cars.

Here is a question regarding transmissions.
We have taken apart the transmission of our 67 Mk3. We are now in the
process of sealing it. After looking at the British Victoria catalogue
we can't seem to find the input shaft oil seal for the Spitfire standard
transmission. However this part is listed for the GT 6 transmission. Is
this oil seal interchangeable, will it fit the spitfire?
Wilf and Liv Haasper