RE: Canadian Customs duty

To: Jon <triumph@bigolbear.com>
Subject: RE: Canadian Customs duty
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:46:51 -0500 (EST)
I have never shipped car parts over the border, but I have exchanged
whole computers with a friend in Montreal.  We mark the custom slips
"obsolete computer parts" and "value $0" and have never been hit for
any duties up to this point.  And the boxes have been large an heavy
as he sent me a couple of Macintoshes and a couple of Mac Monitors.
Going the other way, I sent him a couple of Sun Sparcstaions.

I would assume the same would be true for car parts.  If the value is
actually $0 there should be no duties.  And in the case of parts for
our cars, the value is $0 for anyone other than us.

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |