Re: Front Shock (Damper) coil removal?

To: "Guy Johnson" <angel@webwizzards.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Shock (Damper) coil removal?
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 13:04:18 -0500
I have bought three different spring compressors over the last
few years trying to find one that would fit the small springs of the Spit.
The one that actually worked was the relatively inexpensive one that
Harbor Freight sells.  The box says:  "Pittsburgh Item 03980",
and the bar code numbers (SKU?) are "7 92363 03980 2".

Interestingly, the Haynes book I got for my '98 Subaru has some
pictures showing how to remove the springs from its struts, and
they were using the exact same model of compressor.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit