GM Alternator conversion

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GM Alternator conversion
From: HD883HUGGR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:01:00 EST
    In case anyone is keeping track, another Lucas alternator has been
replaced with a GM 7127 alternator.  The Flying Limey himself, Mr. Dean
Dashwood, assisted in the surgery which would have taken only minutes except
for the fact that the generic upper brace I purchased was too long and had to
be hacksawed, and then we had to run to pick up a gallon of petrol since the
DCO (dumb current owner) was running on fumes when the old alternater gave up
the ghost.
    While Dean's assistance made the entire process much more enjoyable, the
process is so simple even a mechanical moron such as I could have done it
with no problem.  Special thanks to Patrick Baize and Dan Caanan for routing
me to their excellent websites, and to Bill Miller and Rob Getzinger for
their moral support.
    Scott
    & Hobbs, 77 Spit, daily driver w/ new GM alternator
    & Rufio, 75 Spit, still awaiting his restoration