Spit -Together 2002!

To: spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit -Together 2002!
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:51:04 +0800
Calling all Spitfire and GT6 enthusiasts...

The North American Spitfire Squadron will be holding their 2nd Annual
"Spit-Together" at the Mid-Ohio Racetrack the weekend of June 14-16, 2002.  We
invite all Spitfire and GT6 owners to attend with us.  We want to make sure
that our cars are VERY well represented at these events.

We selected this weekend because the "Sprint (tm) Vintage Grand Prix" will be
held there at the same time. In honor of the 50th Anniversary of their first
Sports Car, the TR-1,  Triumph is the "featured marque" for this year, and
Triumph racing legend Kas Kastner will serve as the Grand Marshall.  We expect
to see a large number of vintage Triumph race cars on the track, and HUGE
numbers of Triumphs at the car shows.

A lot of different events are already on the schedule for these days,
including; 10 Vintage Car Races, the "British Car Showdown" car show(Saturday),
and a "Concours d'Elegance" (Sunday).  We have not scheduled any particular
events for NASS members and guests in particular at this point.  We want to
find out which members are planning (or hoping) to attend and then decide what
activities we would like to hold.  I would imagine we will schedule a "Spitfire
and GT6 Drive" through the rural countryside of central Ohio, and I would bet
we end up meeting for a couple of informal dinners and breakfasts.  If you
think you might be able to attend, or if you would like to help get some things
organized, please let us know.  Please feel free to make suggestions.

For more information about the event, please point your internet browser to
this site (you may need to cut and paste);
http://users.abcs.com/bauguesh/nass/nass2002.html
We will be adding information to this site and to our NASS site as we get
things underway.

Other links;
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nass (the NASS web site)
http://www.midohio.com (go to "41 Years of Racing")