RE: engine probs?

To: "'Bob Harris '" <gharris@rochester.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: engine probs?
From: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:18:13 -0500
Well, I can't say whether this is all of your problems, but your water pump
is gone, well passed gone.  That could explain the knocking, and if its not
cooling your engine properly (which i am sure its not) then you could create
all kinds of problems with the engine.

First , I would say fix the water pump, and then lets see where we stand.

Anytime a water pump starts to leak it is garbage.  What is happening is
water is leaking past the seals and getting into the bearings.  The water
displaces the lubricant, brings in foreign matter, and serves as a really
bad lubricant.  All this causes your bearings to go bad quickly.

Changing the water pump is very easy on a spit.  I would recommend you knock
this out, and then see what happens.

Patrick Bowen