Re: { NASS } Re: Differential Reconditioning

To: "Livia I. Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: { NASS } Re: Differential Reconditioning
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:14:33 +0800
I would tend to think that if you KNOW the diff in question is in good shape
(no whining at speed, basically) that you could get away with doing it while
the diff is still assembled.  You'd certainly want to flush it well to make
sure no shavings got left in there to cause trouble.  Since my used one was
purchased via an online auction, I wasn't sure what I would find and didn't
want to go to the trouble of mounting it up and then find out it was in need of
a complete rebuild.

Joe Guinan