Re: { NASS } Differential Reconditioning

To: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>, nass@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: { NASS } Differential Reconditioning
From: "Joe Guinan" <spitfirejoe@email.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:57:21 +0800
And now for the bad news...

Seems the differential I was told I was buying actually isn't a "1976".  Serial
number stamped on the case is FH62437 corresponding to about midway through the
1974 model year.  If I am correct in reading the reference materilas, the
"1500" diffs should have a number starting with "FR" on them.  This means that
I now have a 3.89:1 ratio rear end gear instead of the 3.63:1 that I should
have.

Anybody got a correct "FR" differential in excellent condition that they want
to swap for a reconditioned "FH" model?

Poop! I know this would be great for my occasional autocross events, but  I
drive the thing on the road a LOT more than I autocross it.

Joe Guinan
spitfirejoe@email.com