Overdrive transmission quest

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive transmission quest
From: Jim and Tami Catherwood <cgcgz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 23:08:41 -0600
I am looking for a used over drive transmission for a Spitfire 1500.  If
anybody knows the were abouts on one it would be appreciated if you would let
me know.  We are in the process of rebuilding out 78 Spitfire this winter.  The
frame is done, the motor is currently out for some RR, and I am working on the
Interior.  Hope to be on the road by April.  I have owned the care since ~1985
and despite the heartaches associated with British cars I have enjoyed the
spitfire tremendously and am looking forward to getting back on the road.

Have a Most Excellent Day