RE: Hang on lads!

To: "'James Carruthers'" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>,
Subject: RE: Hang on lads!
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:27:18 -0000
To sell a car in America you have to take it through a whole bunch of
processes to ensure it meets all the criteria for safety, emissions etc.
etc.  Even if the car were capable of passing all of them without
modification (and there will always be a few tweaks that are necessary) it
is a damned expensive business - so far TVR must have decided that they
wouldn't sell enough cars to justify the expense.

I know Lotus had to jump through a whole bunch of hoops to get the V8 Esprit
through when that came out 5 years ago (I worked for them at the time), and
that was just for a new engine in an existing car - I'm sure it hasn't got
any easier.

Having said that, I've heard rumours that TVR are considering moving into
the US market, especially since a Tamora featured in that John Travolta film
'Swordfish'.

I would dearly love to own a TVR - any of the range.  They may not be LBCs,
but are still very British I think - consider them the descendants of the
Austin-Healey 3000, the Jensen Interceptor, the AC Cobra (admittedly a car
with some US blood in it too), or even, going back far enough, the big
Bentleys of the '20s.  Is that British enough?

Another British trait - they have performance to rival Porshe, Ferrari and
Maserati at fraction of the price, a trick that Jaguar once used to great
effect with the XK range...

I'll keep waiting for that lottery win!

Richard & Daffy
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email