Re: lights on alarmx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: lights on alarmx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:43:22 -0500
This is what you do on a modern car with lots of fuses conveniently located
under the dashboard.

Take a .99 cent 12 volt buzzer you get from radio shack.  Plug one leg of the
buzzer it into the parking light fuse.  Turn the headlight on, and put the key
in the ignition (off position).  Touch the other leg of the buzzer and touch
fuses until it buzzes.  Turn ignition key on and see if buzzing stops.  If so,
plug the second leg into that fuse.  If turning the ignition on doesn't affect
the buzz, keep checking fuses.  Usually the second (ground) leg will be the
fuse for the windshield wipers or such.

The Spitfire has just a few fuses, and they're up in the engine bay.  Same
technique as above will work, but instead of plugging int othe fuses, you'll be
plugging into wiring sockets and such.  Not a big deal, but you will probably
want to crimp on some wire extensions for the legs of the buzzer.

>>> "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk> 01/22/02 12:04PM >>>
Does anybody know how I can fit an alarm for when I leave my lights on?