Re: Under-rider

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Under-rider
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:03:10 +0000
In article <bqbmeEBiWvV8EwRB@hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk>, Michael
Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com> writes
>Dear All,
>
>Does anyone have a spare black plastic under-rider for a 1500?   I tried
>to buy one today, but failed.   I was offered a ghastly fibre-glass
>"replacement" at fifteen quid, and was told that new replacements (if
>they could be found) cost in excess of sixty quid (USD100+).

Two e-mails from confused Americans later, I return to the subject with
an attempt at describing the part in question - my terminology obviously
doesn't travel very well:

These are the small black plastic bits that hide the bonnet ("hood")
hinges.

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"