Re: Under-rider + sump gaskets

Subject: Re: Under-rider + sump gaskets
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:04:36 -0800 (PST)
Have you tried Spitfire Graveyard, I'm happy to wander along there and
check the quality of the parts if you like?

Am happy today as I got a quote for #100 to stick my new(to me) engine in
Saskia and get her running again!  Although, when I added up the cost of
parts that comes to #85!

Do any of you know what the oil seals on the sump pan gasket do?  Do I
need them.  I thought that there would just be a gasket there, but
rimmers list a sump gasket set, sump gasket with oil seals and a gasket
only, but I don't know what the oil seals do.

cheers
John