Re: Choke Cable

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Choke Cable
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:44:06 -0800 (PST)
My ZS carb choke cable was too short. (it worked
temporarily, the housing stretched tight as a drum,
the distance from the fire-wall to the rear SU).

I think my current choke cable came from a TR6. But I
can't swear on it. I took my choke cable to the local
LBC shop, and said "Give me something longer than this
by about 3 inches or more". He came back with one that
was almost 3 inches longer still in the package. And
it had a "Locking feature" which I really like. You
pull the knob out to wear you want the car to idle (on
warm up) twist the knob left or right and it locks the
cable in place! This would have been really handy when
I had that ZS carb that needed constant choke.

I think 1500's were supposed to have that locking
feature, but mine never worked like that.
-Terry