Update - VA smog bill

To: (Recipient list suppressed)
Subject: Update - VA smog bill
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 08:36:42 -0500
Here is an update on the VA smog bill.

I urge you to write (email) the Govener and ask that he vote NO on this
bill.

John

-----------

I hope all of us hobbyists come to understand and appreciate that remote
sensing DOES NOT WORK in the real world.  This is simply a money grab.
Being content that my hobby car has been exempted from a questionable
program is not acceptable.  The program is not acceptable in any form.  The
high false-failure rates, the failures to read tags properly, the failure
to understand exactly how warm each car is running, the inability to
clearly distinguish exhaust species between cars --- the reasons why remote
sensing is unacceptable is a long one.  The sooner Virginia understands
remote sensing is a doomed failure and abolishes its deployment, the better
off Virginia will be.
 Dave Walker    <dwalker1@bbcomp.net>