Rocker arm offset

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rocker arm offset
From: "Fred Griffiths" <griffco@cadvision.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:50:27 -0700
While assembling my 1500 rebuild, I notice that the rocker arms for No 1
cylinder are offset from the ends of the valve stem.  The first valve (exhaust
?) is only on half of the stem, the next one (inlet ?) is about 2/3 on.

I notice now that the DPO had assembled it like this, although wear marks
indicate that it had been aligned correctly at some point in its live.

The pedestals are on the studs correctly, I didn't mix up the rocker arms -
even though there are only two types that I can see.

There just isn't any way to adjust the position of the rocker arms for correct
allignment

Does anyone know if the front pedestal comes in different types?

Cheers, Fred