Ugly cars (non-lbc related).

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Ugly cars (non-lbc related).
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:20:53 -0800 (PST)
Sorry for this non LBC related comment, but I saw
something on compuserve (You have to be a member,
otherwise, I'd give the URL) in the photo gallery
titled "Ugliest Cars", and thought it was good for a
chuckle.

There are only 6 cars on the list; and amongst them
the '75 Ford Pinto (I took my driver's test in one of
these!), AMC Gremlin, and the '74 VW Thing. All of the
commentaries were pretty humorous, but I really like
the snip at Pontiac at the end of this one:

"1957 Ford Edsel Citation Convertible
The legend. This was the car that broke the back of
the "Hidden Persuaders" myth in the 1950s--the idea
that advertising alone could sell anything to
everybody. Despite a massive and well-financed PR
juggernaut, the Edsel--with its urinal-shaped grille
and bizarrely baroque affectations--barrel-rolled into
oblivion faster than any other car before it and
established the name itself as a synonym for failure.
Only the Aztek comes close as challenger."

In case you're wondering, the other 2 cars mentioned
were the Chevy El Camino and AMC pacer.
-Terry
'76 Spitfire 1500 (now with O/D!)