Getting Dizzy aka Distributor Question

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Getting Dizzy aka Distributor Question
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:14:11 -0700
Listers,

I have a newly rebuilt, balanced, 1972 MKIV 1300 engine that I'm about to drop
into my project chassis after having a couple of mods made at the machine shop
(increasing compression ratio from 8.0:1 to 9.5:1 and having the cam reground
for better performance).  The original engine was fitted with a vacuum retard
distributor, however I don't have one at all at present.  I'd like to find a
vacuum advance type, the Delco D200, that was fitted to all the other Mk3 1300
engines.  Is there any reason I can't use this type of distributor, or am I
free to try and source one of these, so I might actually be able to run the
engine eventually? ;-)  TIA.

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 project aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental" restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net