Re: Transmission and overdrive from a 79 (oops, 80) Spitfire

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission and overdrive from a 79 (oops, 80) Spitfire
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.scranton.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:20:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, jon paschke wrote:

> Subject: Re: Transmission and overdrive from a 79 (oops, 80) Spitfire
>

> > > Current high bid stands at $400.
> > >
> > > bill

> > I have to think some owners are rather bad shoppers, this is a used junk
> > yard tranny & O/D, and they are available brand new rebuilt with a good
> > warranty for a little over $600.00.  "FT"

Where??  Tranny and OD from VB is over $1500.  Rebuilt from Rimmer is
$645 with a exchange surcharge of 217$ for a total of $862 if you don't
have one to return and that doesn't include shipping and duties from
England.  Moss doesn't list one at all.

And we won't even go into the etiquette (or lack thereof) in posting
private email to a mailing list!!

bill

bill@cs.scranton.edu     |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |