Shocks n Springs and all things...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shocks n Springs and all things...
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:06:08 +0100
Righty oh!

My little Spitty is back on the road, and tomorrow she will be charging around
the International Lorry Raceway, also known as the M25, once again.

Now, I have been quite concerned recently over her complete lack of front
suspension stiffness - her suspension likes to "bottom out" as I call it. This
even happens on the odd sleepin' policeman. Basically the suspension goes down
- and rather ungracefully comes to a bump, before bouncing back. Not fun when
going hell for leather around a motorway.

Now, to what my PO told me; he cut the front springs, as to make the front of
the car go down to its proper height - as it should have been, before the
silly American safety regulations got in the way. Now, methinks this means
there ain't so much spring in her step, so to speak. And not knowing
diddly-squat about suspension - I have no idea if this would be the case. It
works in my head, but I assure you, you don't want to go there! ha ha!

So if its not the springs that leaves me with the shocks... so maybe its
them... I don't know. Whatever way, she ain't acting right. Any suggestions
would be most pleasant...

For anybody who likes either Geese or Spitfires; you may like to take a
butchers at these photo's I took today:

http://www.pbase.com/jcarruthers/ducksandspits

Feel free to browse around my gallery - it isn't quite up to Tony Hart's
standards (da da da da da da daaa da da daaa) - but you may also find some
other interesting Spitfire photos - including my gallery of rust and dodgy
paint work! Not for the faint hearted or iophobics (no Im not making that up -
and its an epidemic amongst all Spitfire owners - or at least it should be!)

Good night,

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit