Re: Accident

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Accident
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:21:07 -0800
At 11:38 AM 12/3/02 -0500, Nolan Penney wrote:
>I think that's a bit of an overstatement.  Red cars are perfectly legal
>on the road, even cars that are red in the front.  You cannot use a slow
>moving vehicle triangle though.  The use of an antenna pendant is legal
>in all 50 states, to the best of my knowledge.
>____________
>Unfortunately these flags are not legal to use on a motor vehicle on
>the
>highway.  They are fine for offroad use on sand dunes, but not on the
>road.  You cannot show red to the front of the car while in motion- and
>
>that includes a red flag on the rear.

Note I said red 'flag' and not red 'car'.  :)  Same goes for lights.  I do
roadside traffic assistance at accident scenes and had to equip my van with
an emergency lightbar for the task so I had to research what was legal for
different states.  Red is right out for lights/flags in the front of cars
unless you are with fire/medical/police.  Some towing firms can use it if
they are on freeways as well, but they need to be certified with each
jurisdiction they are working in.