Replacement Wiper Switch

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacement Wiper Switch
From: david@robertson.org.nz
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 07:37:54 +1300
Hi all,

I'm new on here - my first question:

I've just received a new wiper switch for my Spitfire. It's supposed to be
a Lucas replacement but it's really nothing like the original.

The car is a 1974 Spitfire Mk IV. The switch is 2-speed with a built-in
washer pump.
The four spade teminals on the replacement don't match the positions of
the orginal, are larger & aren't labelled. When I check it with a
multimeter, the four terminals are connected/disconnected in a quite
different pattern to the original.

Has anyone had any experience with this - is the correct item available &
if not, can this replacement be made to work?

Regards,
David Robertson

    1961 Thunderbird
    1978 Triumph 2500S
    1974 Triumph Spitfire

  <<< Life is too short to drive boring cars >>>

http://www.robertson.org.nz/David1.htm