RE: Replacement Wiper Switch

To: "'david@robertson.org.nz'" <david@robertson.org.nz>,
Subject: RE: Replacement Wiper Switch
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 08:54:34 -0000
David,

Welcome to the Spitfire List - I hope you find being a member here as much
fun and as much use as the rest of us all do!

Where did you get your switch from?  Was there a part number on the package?
Does it look anything like the original (at least the side visible once
fitted)?

Looking at the Rimmers catalogue (which I find the most reliable source of
parts info) they list "Original Spec" as 155495, but then go on to list two
further alternatives:
Lucas type 155495L
Tudor type 155495T
without further explanation.  Looking in the price list, however, only the
Lucas Type has a price against it, suggesting that the Original Spec and
Tudor Type are not available.

My guess therefore is that the original is no longer available new, both
Lucas and Tudor have produced replacements (but only Lucas is still
available), but since these aren't original spec there must be some
difference.  This leaves you with a couple of options, as I see it.  Either
cut the connector off your wiring loom, attach some appropriately-sized
spade connectors, and connect up to the new switch, or return your new
switch and either try to fix the old one or source a second-hand original
from a Sptifire breakers.

Richard & Daffy ('78 Inca Yellow 1500)

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the
sender
urgently and dispose of this email