RE: clutch adjustment

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <kimkell@decaturnet.com>,
Subject: RE: clutch adjustment
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:33:48 -0500
Then you probably are not completely disengaging.  You are just barely
disengaging.

You've had some others reply about bleeding, and that's where I too
would recommend you check.  I'd suggest bleeding at the master cylinder
itself, not just at the nipple down on the slave cylinder.  Air bubbles
rise and are notorious for not wanting to travel all the way down to the
slave cylinder to come out.   If when you crack the line fitting at the
master cylinder you hear a "snap crackle pop" sound, that was the air
bubble(s) coming out.

Because of the hydraulic nature of the unit, wear, slop and such will
not usually cause a problem with inadequate disengagement as the slave
cylinder does not retract any further then necessary.

>>> "Lambert, Iain" <iain.lambert@hp.com> 03/10/03 09:25AM >>>
Nolan,
 My cluch is engaging just as the pedal comes off the floor so what is
the different story.