RE: Imported SPITFIRE...!!!!!!

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Imported SPITFIRE...!!!!!!
From: "Triumph" <triumph@yankeespitfire.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:41:25 -0400
I have a sort of funny Spitfire Ale tale- I was trying to find a pump handle
badge for Spitfire ale for my grille badge collection- had seen one on the
dash in a picture in a magazine and thought it was clever - anyway, I found
a bloke across the pond who dealt in pump badges (clips they call 'em there)
and bar towels. He had none but said he'd keep an eye peeled for one. About
a month later (I'd forgotten about it- the obsession passed...) I got an
email from him- he'd found a clip for me! The story went: he was off on a
'pub crawl' (out getting 'faced to us Yanks) and was "chatting up the
barmaid, a right scrummy bird" and noticed a Spitfire Ale tap. To make a
long story longer, he left with the barmaid and "nicked" the clip for me on
the way out and was a pound for the clip and post too much for me? I sent
him a fiver and he tossed in some cool Shepard Neame coasters...

Would love to get a case of the ale to hand out like baby cigars when my
resto is done... and Terry, I think I was bidding against you on that pin-
you're firespitter on ebay, right? LOL!

"Any drive you don't return from on a tow truck was a good one..."
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"
FM66043 7U
Nass #104 VTR #14429