Another successful (?) test drive...

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Another successful (?) test drive...
From: "George P." <ygpz4re@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:48:59 -0400
Drove the Spit again tonight - longer drive, probably 20-25 miles.  Here's
what I noted:

1.  At idle (about 1500 rpm), oil pressure was around 45psi.  Again started
high, then dropped when fully hot.  I don't think this is a concern.

2.  At stops, it would want to stay up around 2K rpm, then gradually drop to
1500 or so where it seems to "want" to idle.  After a couple minutes of
that, it would drop to 1K or 1100 and below that it would want to stall.

3.  Near the end of the drive, in traffic, it was getting hot - 3/4 mark and
above.  At this temp, it seems like it would idle at 1500 rpm all day long.
But it cooled once I got out of traffic.  Could I have a coolant circulation
problem?

Other than those things, it ran pretty well.  Still a bit weak in power in
the lower revs.  Oh, and back to the "dieseling/run-on" problem - my Dad
suggested colder plugs.  Would that help cure that problem??

Thanks,

George P.