Wiring problem?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiring problem?
From: "Jason Hurlbert" <jason_hurlbert@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:03:07 -0500
Hello all,

I have lurked for a while and appreciate all of the topics.  I have
inherited a 70 MkIII and through acombination of the Shop manual, your
comments and the grace of the all-knowing, have managed to get my LBC up
and running.  Until last month.  During a short run to the store on a
beautiful Spring day, my Triumph died on me in the middle of the road.
To be honest, I didi hit a 1/2" steel plate spanning the road prior to
the car dying on me.  After an hour of attempts, the car started after I
squeezed the wiring harness behind the ignition switch.  I got home and
left the car until the morning.  The next day the car wouldn't start.  I
have replaced the ignition switch, the wiring from: the switch to the
coil; switch to the solenoid and the switch to the ignition warning
light.  Still no joy.  Does anyone have any advice before I lose all
sanity.    Thanks in advance.

Jason Hurlbert